Hi loves! A happy new year to my blog and its readers. It’s been another extensive while, I know. However I’m back with a quick recipe post, as I felt inspired to share it.
I started following a recipe I found online earlier, however the closer I got to finishing it, the more I felt it was turning out… Well, crap. It was crap. So I asked my chef partner his advice and this is what we created. It’ll feed 2-3, dependant upon appetite. So, for ingredients you’ll need:
150g prepared red lentils
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 chopped onion
4-5 cloves crushed garlic (or to taste)
1 litre vegetable stock
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp curry powder
Spinach to preference (hard to judge this as I used 2 ‘pellets’, as I call them, of the frozen spinach available from Sainsbury’s)
3-4 medium potatoes
1. Heat oil and add your onion. Soften and slightly brown.
2. Add your spices and garlic.
3. Once mixed, pop in your lentils and around half of your stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins.
4. Every 10 mins or so, check your lentils. Add more stock if needs be. I.e. don’t burn your lentils.
5. Cube potatoes and put them on to boil.
6. Once the lentils have puffed out, pop in your spinach.
7. When your potatoes are boiled, drain them and stir gently into your lentil mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
That simple! Serve with naan and chapattis as we did, or it makes a great dip for some oven chips. Another tip: a great weaning food for little babes depending on how much spice you want them to have. Super filling and wholesome. Enjoy!